No two Hubs are the same – they are flexible and targeted, just like the data, tools, and visualizations they house.
Below you’ll find descriptions of the most common tools and features used in our Engagement Network Hubs. We are always open to suggestions, so if you’ve got an idea for a data or map tool, don’t hesitate to reach out, innovation is part of our mission!
Select from the features below to customize your Hub.
Costs vary depending upon the features you choose and your desired level of customization.
Are you looking for a community health needs assessment that incorporates data from your state’s department of public health? Or maybe you need a report that shows data at a custom geography, like a congressional district, a regional development district, or group of ZIP codes? Our custom reports are a great way to view national indicators at geographic levels not supported by traditional Census boundaries. Custom reports are also a great option if you desire to view publicly available data alongside local or proprietary data.
Custom Map Room and Data Upload
The Engagement Network offers a robust, public Map Room, but some groups like having one they can call their own. A custom map room offers features like:
- Default locations – automatically zoom into your community of interest each time you visit
- Data upload – add your local data from an Excel, .csv, .shp, .kml, or .kmz file and view it independently or alongside any of the 15,000+ data layers in the CARES Data Engine
- Map customization – change the colors, icons, and legend information to get your map exactly the way you want it
- Data sharing – upload data and share your maps with others
- Advanced mapping tools – get multi-criteria query capability and access to our Vulnerable Populations custom area functions
Check out this example of a custom map room.
Interested in tracking your programs or projects? Maybe you’d like to see all the partners involved in your coalition? A Network Map could be a simple and easy to manage solution.
Check out this example of a Network Map:
Collaboration and Data Sharing Tools
Hubs offer collaboration tools that help teams of all shapes and sizes share documents, data, maps, and reports. With flexible user roles and security settings, you can make data available to a small work group or publish it widely for all Hub members to access. Forums offer a place to have targeted conversations and facilitate resource sharing across projects and geographies.
- Document library that supports a variety of file types (.xls, .csv, .doc, .ppt, .pdf, .png, .jpeg, .gif, .txt, .dbf, .shp, .kml, .kmz)
- Collaborative document creation
- Flexible sharing and editing settings
- Folders and folder management options
User Support and Training
Worried about how you’ll train your team to use your new tools and Hub? Well, don’t sweat because we’ve got you covered. Each Hub receives basic training and user support and if the basic package doesn’t fit your needs, we can talk about what will and craft a one-of-a-kind training package. Basic training and user support includes:
- Customized webinars designed and led by the Engagement Network team
- Step-by-step user guide for all custom tools
- Monday-Friday user support via email and one-on-one screen sharing services
- Ongoing Hub maintenance and data updates (when available)
We said it before, and we’ll say it again….no two Hubs are the same. If you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for (or dreaming of), reach out and we’ll let you know if we have any recommendations or partners that can help meet your needs.