Official communications regarding the University of Missouri response to COVID-19 can be found at https://mualert.missouri.edu/coronavirus/.
The good news – CARES will continue to provide online services, including day-to-day technical support, for all of our projects, sites, and Hubs. CARES has already taken several measures to ensure continued support for our projects. These steps include:
- CARES has ensured that staff are aware of COVID-19 information resources, practices to prevent spread of the disease (such as handwashing), and steps to take if they suspect they have been infected.
- CARES has worked with each CARES staff member to ensure they can conduct work from home. This includes testing home equipment and secure networking, and establishing at least two forms of contact (email, personal phone, social media, etc.).
- CARES has made sure that all staff have access to the project planning and management software used at CARES.
- CARES has provided cross training for some time now, so we have redundant staff that can address issues should a staff member not be able to work. However, for specific projects, it could still take some time for an alternative staff member to become familiar with the unique aspects of a project. In that case, we would ask for your understanding as we support your project.
- CARES has established staff reporting protocols, so we know who is working from home or office. These are being put into practice now, and will be updated as we see additional need.
- The University infrastructure supporting the project, including networking, server housing, backup power, and physical security, will continue to function as normal.
- The University has restricted travel. We are already using video communication platforms (i.e. Zoom) in lieu travel.
The University of Missouri is still open and operating at this time, despite the move to online instruction. We have staff in the office, and will continue to respond to project needs as usual. In the event we need to work remotely, we will be able to support all projects using the practices described. Should the University of Missouri officially close campus operations, we still anticipate supporting all projects using these same practices. In the very worst case scenario, if we determine that the situation will negatively impact operations at CARES, we will communicate with you at the earliest possible time.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please reach out to Jamie Kleinsorge at email@example.com.